Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving fun!

Well, Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. Tiff and I cooked and my dad and her mom came over. It was a very relaxing day. The girls had a great time too. Papa Bear chased Abby around the house and she laughed and laughed! That is the best holiday sound!!

Click to play Thanksgiving fun!
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting


Tiff and I made the stupid decision to get up at 5:00 am and head to Walmart. They had the Leapster on sale for $30 which is a $20 dollar discount. Sounds like a good reason to fight the crowds right? WRONG! I will never do that again. I thought the day after Thanksgiving madness only happened in NYC or the movies. Well, I was wrong, it happens is suburban Aurora too. I could not believe the amount of people who were there. So, we finally find a parking spot and make it into the store, push our way over to the toy section and what do you know? The ONE thing I went for is completely sold out! We were there 15 minutes after the store opened and it was already gone. I was so MAD! Not only do I not do well with crowds but I don't do well with mornings and it was 5:00 am and the Leapster was gone. So, we figured since we were already there we might as well shop. We found a couple of things but left with such disappointment. The only good thing is that we were close to Gap and Gymboree and they were having a great sale. What a horrible morning! In case you were ever thinking about going out on Black Friday at 5:00 am, I would highly suggest you don't!

Anyway, we are going to put up our Christmas decorations today and it snowed last night. What a perfect time to get into the holiday mood. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Salina said...

You live in Aurora? That's my hometown!

I never brave Black Friday...it scares me and you just helped confirm why. Sorry you didn't get your leapster.


Kickin' back, readin' a book!