Thursday, September 10, 2009

Grand Lake Vacation

Grand lake has got to be one of the most beautiful places I have been. The weather was perfect, the lake was stunning, and the scenery was gorgeous! My grandmom and two of my aunts came to visit from New Jersey. We decided to spend a few days in the mountains to show them how beautiful Colorado really is. My sister in-law's family has a house in Grand Lake so off we went. Tiff and I decided to take the girls and get a hotel room on Main street. There were just too many people for one house. So, we rented a room at The Inn at Grand Lake and it was perfect. It was across the street from the lake, a park, and many fun stores. This was the first time the girls had stayed in a hotel so they were thrilled! The first day, we rented a pedal boat and took the girls out on the lake. The girls and I had a blast but Tiff was a little nervous....lol She does not like large bodies of water. But she was brave for her daughter!



That night we took the girls to the park and then down to the lake. It was so pretty! It was nice to not have to think about anything but relaxing and enjoying our time with the girls.




The next day we were off to the lake again. Only this time we were with the whole family and we were going on a pontoon tour of the lake. That lake is surrounded by million dollar homes. They were awesome! I would die for a million dollar summer house on the lake. Some people have all the luck! :)





That afternoon we took the girls to the stable and they both got to ride a horse. They were very brave. Abby said next time she wants her horse to run! LOL


The next morning we were off! But before we went home, we went through Rocky Mountain National Park up Trail Ridge road. WOW! What a beautiful sight. I was in awe! Then we spent the afternoon in Estes Park. I love that place! I just had a the best 3 days I have had in a while. No work, no school, no stress. I really need to do this more often!!




1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! Miss you!


Kickin' back, readin' a book!